HELLA Corporate Center USA Inc.
Ms. Karen Whitehead
1101 Vincennes Ave
62839 Flora, Illinois
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
PROCESS EXPERT - SMT
Location Flora, USA
In the Business Division Electronics you will be responsible for participation in the development and approval of SMT-family of processes and technologies to conform to the global and industry requirements for the process specific equipment. Primary responsibility for providing technical support, monitoring of the processes, as well as initiating and implementing improvement measures to build a quality product in the required amount of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new and maintain existing programs for production equipment to conform to company and industry standards for the specific application.
- Develop new processes that utilize new technology and create specifications for the parameters, data recording (SPC), failure/downtime logs, communication protocol, handling, user interface, calibrations, and function of the station.
- Coordinate all aspects of assigned processes working with the Manufacturing Engineer to include: input, output, SPC, traceability, efficiencies and material flow.
- Ensure maximum first pass yield and minimum scrap from assigned processes to meet or exceed the target agreement, Plant KPIs, and personal goals.
- Develop and present PowerPoint presentations to address specific requirements, process operations, and improvements to KPIs.
- Prepare and enforce Design for Manufacturability guidelines by providing manufacturability input to Design Group for new and existing products.
- Specify, procure, validate, and release to production, manufacturing equipment needed for new processes.
- Ensure new and existing equipment meets or exceeds company standards for ergonomics, operations, operator signals and interface, as well as support targets for cycle time and changeovers.
- Develop and present financial analysis to secure justification to purchase new equipment within area of responsibility.
- Proactively support DFM activities by providing technical leadership to the Development Engineering and Production teams for new and existing processes.
- Perform capability studies to validate equipment, ensuring process and production quality levels are optimal for production release.
- Establish and maintain process instructions, calibration schedules, preventive maintenance planning, and documentation.
- Develop and provide training for procedures, equipment, and processes.
- Develop and implement cost reduction and continuous improvement actions on new and existing products.
- Ensure environmental health and safety compliance of equipment and processes.
- Develop corrective action and preventative actions for customer returns.
- Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Review and respond to daily correspondence in a timely manner.
- Perform annual job performance evaluations in coordination with the department manager.
- Execute other assignments as designated by the manager.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) or more years experience in the electronic manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor degree in Electronic, Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Preferred automotive manufacturing experience (TS and AIAG standards).
- High level of soldering experience to include working to J-STD and IPC standards.
- Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of PCB assembly and box assembly processes to include extensive experience with surface mount technology (SMT), automated optical inspection (AOI), automated x-ray inspection (AXI), solder paste inspection (SPI), vision software and hardware applications, laser barcode marking/scanning, and moisture sensitive component storage.
- Familiarity with common equipment supplier software and hardware (Fuji NXTs, Goepel AXI, Orprovision/Delta V AOI, Parmi SPI, Koh Young 3D AOI, Rehm Reflow Ovens, iTAC MES Suite).
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving ability. Black or Green Belt preferred.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer excellent benefits, a generous retirement plan, wellness events and a professional development program including tuition reimbursement and training opportunities!
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/FL/4303/02152016.
For people with vision: hella.com/career