HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange with approx. 34,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 6.35 billion Euros in fiscal year 2015/2016, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
Your tasks are challenging and multifaceted:
The implementation of functional safety related work products in product development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and coordination of all necessary functional safety activities encompassing the life cycle of the product (functional safety leadership)
- Coordination of the distribution of responsibility between customer and HELLA, including involved internal departments (internal & external communication)
- Definition of project responsibilities regarding functional safety (safety plan)
- Create or maintain all necessary work products (e.g. hazard & risk analysis, safety requirements) (functional safety work products)
- Guide, coach and support implementation of functional safety implementation on all levels (system and sub-system) of the project (implementation support)
- Responsible for verifying successful implementation of safety features and validiting that required safety has been achieved.
- Create and publish the reports regarding the functional safety status of the projects (reporting)
Your profile is as diversified as your upcoming tasks:
- Expert knowledge regarding pertinent functional safety standards e.g. (IEC 61508, ISO 26262)
- Requirement based automotive system development experience > 5 years
- Experience in system requirement with DOORS > 5 years
- FMEA, FTA > 3 years
- Master’s degree in computer or electrical engineering preferred
- Strong experience in systems engineering
- Willingness/ability to travel (domestically & internationally)
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/PL/6504/02.13.2015.
For people with vision: hella.com/career