HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
YOUR TASKS //
Your tasks are challenging and multifaceted:
In this full-time position, you will be the ultimate authority in all tooling issues for our automotive lighting products. You will specify, purchase and implement tools for injection molding (thermoplastics, thermoset; single and multicolor tools), plan and configure extensive equipment designs (tools), work out design solutions for complex equipment (tools) while considering quality-related, economic, scheduling and safety aspects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning, coordinating, controlling, designing and monitoring of designs using the prescribed methods and systems; instructing, guiding and supporting colleagues with any technical difficulties encountered
- Instructing, guiding and supporting colleagues with the design aspects of any technical difficulties
- Involvement of internal, and if necessary external, service providers, giving due consideration to quality related, economic and scheduling aspects and subject to the supervisor’s agreement
- Ensuring that specified technical standards are met within the context of operating equipment design
- Optimization of existing design guidelines; implementing and apply new design guidelines together with internal and external parties, technical committees and workgroups
- Procuring, clarifying and evaluating the necessary technical information with internal and external posts
- Initiating, performing and monitoring any necessary design-related investigations; evaluating them and incorporating the results into draft solutions
- Creation of draft design solutions with due consideration of functional, material, production-related and economic aspects, bearing in mind existing design guidelines and standards; evaluating and explaining the preliminary designs with the appropriate responsible parties
- Drawing up designs for operating equipment (tools) for detailing, taking standard parts and sub-assemblies into account as well as tool and device-related material properties
- Involvement in the commissioning of new or redesigned operating equipment, elimination of faults in cooperation with those responsible in tooling construction, production and other specialist departments
- Advising and supporting the responsible parties with any production problems relating to new tools
- Holding discussions and reaching agreement with internal and external parties for resolving problems relating to designs
- Exchanging necessary data with those involved, both internally and externally
Your profile is as diversified as your upcoming tasks:
- 3+ years of experience in tool engineering and or tool design in the automotive, preferably lighting industry
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Good understanding of high quality plastic injection molding processes
- Ability to travel about 25% and internationally.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HCCU/PL/6209/01.08.2016.
For people with vision: hella.com/career