HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange with approx. 34,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 6.35 billion Euros in fiscal year 2015/2016, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
In this position, you will be responsible for managing federal and state tax compliance, transfer pricing , tax accounting and governmental reporting for the U.S. group of companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for compiling and preparing financial information for federal, state and Canadian income tax returns. Review of tax returns and extensions after preparation by tax firm and coordinate signatures for filing returns.
- Responsible for preparation of financial information for quarterly federal and state income tax estimates and income tax payments.
- Compile information for annual Research & Development tax credit to support deduction on income tax return.
- Responsible for collection of data and preparation of foreign related entity reporting Form 5472, Foreign Bank Account Reporting and Form 1042 for on an annual basis.
- Monitor inter-company cross border transactions for the U.S. group for transfer pricing implications, manage collection of data for transfer pricing study and review of transfer pricing study prepared by outside tax firm.
- Responsible for preparation of all government related statutory reporting including state annual reports, personal property tax returns, franchise tax and Bureau of Census reports.
- Monitor due dates for all governmental tax returns and reporting and ensure that all taxes are paid and due dates are met.
- Review business activity by state for nexus requirements for income tax and sales tax compliance.
- Review and maintain W-8BEN forms received from all foreign companies to ensure compliance with FATCA [Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act].
- Responsible for preparation of all accounting entries and intercompany invoicing related to taxes and reconciliation of tax accounts for federal and state income tax.
- Support annual financial audit and business planning for tax projections and deferred tax reporting tool.
- Responsible for preparation of VAT [Value Added Tax] claim submission.
- Responsible for record retention of tax returns and all governmental reports.
- Keep abreast of new and changing tax regulations to determine impact on U.S. companies and adopt appropriate measures and reporting to ensure compliance.
- Back-up treasury function of the HCCU group, including maintaining daily cash liquidity, wire transfers and reporting to parent company.
- Responsible for coordination of documentation for all tax and government audits and review of tax adjustments.
- Responsible for internal policies and procedures related to tax.
- Monitor costs for external tax services in order to maintain budget.
- Support various tax projects as required.
- Responsible for preparation of various financial and treasury related reports.
- Requires interface with tax firm, outside financial auditors, government tax auditors and operating companies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Tax or Accountingrequired, Masters degree in Tax preferred
- Minimum five (5) years tax and financial accounting experience
- SAP and automotive experience desirable
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to accomplish assigned tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HCCU/PL/8201/01.08.2015.
For people with vision: hella.com/career