HELLA Corporate Center USA Inc.
Ms. Karen Whitehead
1101 Vincennes Ave
62839 Flora, Illinois
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
PLC AUTOMATION/CONTROLS ENGINEER
Location Flora, USA
ADVANCED PLC ENGINEER - SENIOR CONTROLS ENGINEER - MECHATRONICS SPECIALISTYOUR TASKS
In the Business Division Electronics you are responsible for maintaining and improving the efficient operation of electrical, electronic, and automated systems. Providing modifications, repair, and overall support for machine software, while taking into account all safety aspects, as well as legal regulations and corporate policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop design solutions with cost estimates within concepts provided and determine technical and functional feasibility; provide detailed solutions in cooperation with the superior and other support departments.
- Implement approved modifications for production equipment in order to optimize production processes or for product changes.
- Construct equipment and devices with automatic equipment aimed at feeding, processing, transferring, adjusting, measuring and testing.
- Advise and support the responsible organizational units of any occurrence of production problems within the scope of control-related repairs of production equipment.
- Initiate part orders for production equipment modifications and construction, taking into account purchasing guidelines; monitor on-time delivery.
- Support the installation and startup of new and modified production equipment; coordinate acceptance within the scope of control-related issues.
- Create any required documentation related to the job responsibilities; keep electrical schematics, control diagrams, and control programs updated and organized.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
We offer excellent benefits, a generous retirement plan, wellness events and a professional development program including tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of engineering is preferred.
- Seven (7) years minimum experience in the following areas:
- Siemens S7 PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting
- Digital and analog signal processing
- Servo drives and motor controls
- Programming and repair of microprocessor-based test equipment
- Vision systems and barcode readers
- Laser marking and welding applications
- Sensor technology
- Advanced use of Windows-based software
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of CAD software
- Knowledge of PC networking
- Experience using remote control software (e.g., VNC, PCAnywhere)
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/FL/4001/12232015.
For people with vision: hella.com/career