HELLA Automotive Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Ms. Tania Bistrain
Centro Industrial Guanajuato, Carretera 110
C.P. 36844 Irapuato - Abasolo, México
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Location Irapuato, Mexico
- Agreement of global project targets concerning quality, costs, timing and resources within the project core team, taking existing procedures and methods into account, in agreement with the positions responsible.
- Achieving the common defined project targets in the core team and ensuring design for manufacturing starting from request for quotation
- Heading and stuffing the production team (participants: PP TtM, PP OtD, PT, QPC, logistic planner, incl. extended temporary team members), coordinating and planning the technical production issues as the interface to the core team and visualizing the project status / launch readiness towards the core team / steering committee.
- Defining members of the extended production team with the help of the functional departments and moderating the production team incl. conflict resolution with functional departments
- Defining, planning, coordinating and monitoring project maturity, internal tasks / work packages (QCTR) within the production team by using predefined methods and tools(PEP, GMT, PPM, MS Project time schedule, launch readiness checklist, etc.), taking economic, quality-related, scheduling and resource aspects into account
- Capturing the project status through interpretation of internal and external information / changes and carrying out project controlling in the form of reviews with the clients on the basis of agreed targets
- Inducing decisions about technical production risks such as manufacturability of parts, components and (sub)- assemblies (e.g. based on mockup workshops) incl. decisions about the use of new technologies and figuration of the value stream
- Providing timely project decisions and identifying critical pathes in order to establish prioritized actions. Carrying out established escalation scenarios when deviations from targets (QCTR) occur. Illustrating existing alternative solutions in agreement with the development, production, sales and service units involved.
- Obtaining project decisions and making final decisions if there is no consensus possible within the production team
- Representing all production related topics in the core team, incl. representing the production site regarding concept- and design-release and leading customer visits at the production site.
- Convening, as needed, employees from the production team temporarily to the core team meeting
- Coordinating the bidding process, especially the determination / definition of the production concept, the production-relevant preliminary costing factors (NQE, shift model, indirect employees) and part specific costs.
- Supporting and realization of make or buy decisions, based on strategic guidelines
- Responsibility during the TtM process to reach the project timeline as well as the production budget based on the (target)-P2R, including budgeting and controlling of the work packages of the production team as well as the additional involved functional departments. Evaluation of economic and production engineering consequences regarding necessary changes
- Managing one’s own work packages (QCTR), especially partial budget incl. achieving SEK reimbursement.
- Monitoring the implementation of all defined SipCo actions (manufacturing costs: iPC vs. ACT)
- Preparing customer R@R, obtaining assessment and all needed documentation for process approval.
- Responsibility for the organization / qualification of the start of production
- Presenting results from production side at the core team and preparing project reviews for one’s own work packages and reporting the project status (e.g. launch readiness) to the adequate steering comitee.
- Responsibility for planning of training requirements for production staff
- Job ObjectiveCoordinating all project related production plant functions: Managing and guiding project teams from start of quotation till end of production (within the context of specified processes) for the optimum fulfillment and observance of quality, costs,timing and resources, in order to achieve the integration of all those involved in the process chain and the fulfillment of targets, taking market and customer requirements, as well as Hella procedures, into particular account, in agreement with the superior. Improvement of project yield and customer satisfaction in the development and production process.
- School Education: Graduate in Industrial Engineering (technical college) /Graduate in Production Technology (technical college).
- Skills:Six Sigma Certification, PEP/ Product Development Process, Leander Program.
- 4 years experience in automotive industry.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HAM-LP7-PJ2.
For people with vision: hella.com/career