HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
LEAD MECHANICAL DESIGN ENIGNEER
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead develop electro-mechanical products to meet internal and customer specifications and requirements.
- Constuct product level DFMEAs and interface DFMEAs
- Support manufacturing on products currently in production
- Develop engineering project timetable to meet customer requirements
- Coordinate product development with customers, suppliers, and all Hella departments (i.e. lab, project management, quality, etc.)
- Assit in development of validation test plans to ensure design changes meet internal and customer requirements
- Lead design reviews for concept and product releases
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with customers, suppliers and other Hella departments
- Local and internantional travel; Customers, suppliers, manufacturing, etc
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- 5+ years experience in automotive mechanical / electromechanical engineering and product development
- BSME or MSME
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with automotive processes and materials
- Experience in defining design requirements using industry standards
- Experience evaluating FEAs and using results to optimize mechanical design
- Product development in all phases (acquisition / concept thru production)
- Root cause and problem solving skills
- Tolerance stacks analysis
- DFMEA development
- Experience with injection molding, stamping processes and tooling
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/PLY/6703/10-02-15.
For people with vision: hella.com/career