HELLA Corporate Center USA Inc.
Ms. Karen Whitehead
1101 Vincennes Ave
62839 Flora, Illinois
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - ELECTRONICS
Location Flora, USA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical support and direction to production and to develop the process in manufacturing to ensure up to date processes that run trouble free to build a quality product in the required amount of time.
- Responsible for coordination of all aspects of assigned processes; input, output, efficiencies and material flow.
- Ensure maximum first pass yield and minimum scrap from assigned processes
- Develop and present Powerpoint presentations to address FPY and Scrap performance.
- Develop new Manufacturing processes that utilize new technology.
- Provide manufacturability input to Design Group for new and existing products.
- Procure and validate manufacturing equipment needed for new processes or products.
- Develop and present financial analysis to secure justification to purchase new equipment.
- Develop line balancing and efficient line layouts to ensure good process flow.
- Provide technical leadership to production for new and existing processes.
- Establish and maintain process instructions and documentation.
- Develop and provide training for manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Develop and implement cost reduction and continuous improvement actions on new and existing products.
- Ensure environmental health and safety compliance.
- Assist with developing process and production quality levels.
- Develop corrective action and preventative actions for customer returns.
- Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Execute other assignments as assigned by manager.
- Domestic and international travel maybe required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Three (3) or more years experience in the electronic manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor degree in Electronic, Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have automotive manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of SMT, through hole, wave solder and final assembly processes.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving ability. Green Belt preferred.
- Must be professionally aggressive.
- Must be willing to take a leadership role in all assigned activities.
- High level of accuracy is mandatory.
- Must be conscientious and maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/FL/4303/041515.
For people with vision: hella.com/career