HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Hardware Test Technician
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
In this position, you will be responsible for support lighting product development by building product samples and performing engineering development, design verification, production validation, product conformance, or analysis testing. Create optical prototypes, lit mockups, bread boards, and production samples utilizing high power and medium power LED’s. Maintain all aspects of the electronics and lighting labs including calibration records, parts inventory, and ESD control. Prepare vehicles with lamp retrofits, and provide electrical, electronics and wiring support for night drives and customer events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use electronics and optical lab equipment to perform tests and measurements on lighting electronics products to support electrical engineering development.
- Attach thermocouples to test samples to make accurate temperature measurements.
- Write and issue reports of tests performed and data collected and coordinate all testing assigned.
- Assist outside labs to ensure proper product operation and measurement during DV, PV, and EMC development and qualification testing.
- Perform root cause analysis of all test failures.
- Perform all phases of SMD soldering and SMD board repair on FR4, Insulated Metal Substrate, and Flex Circuits.
- Prepare & debug wire harnesses containing connectors, terminals, splices, and tubing. Use hand crimpers to crimp wire terminals to manufacturer specifications.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate Degree or equivalent technology certification in Electronics or three years experience understanding and using electronic equipment on a daily basis.
- Working knowledge of common Microsoft Office software applications: Word, Excel, Project.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and technical presentations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams in order to complete tasks within established and changing deadlines.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HCCU/PL/6502/01.12.2015.
For people with vision: hella.com/career