HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the project team by involving suitable suppliers in the simultaneous engineering process from quotation to the prototype build phase. This position will also be responsible for quotation and order placement for prototype parts and tools. Strive to meet cost reductions, timing improvements, and successful deliveries to support all build events prior to full production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support cross functional program team prototype meetings and ensure ownership of purchasing tasks related to early build requirements.
- Understand series program and prototype timing in an effort to provide the best scenario for tooling kickoff and material requirement dates.
- Support Prototype Coordinator from initial milestone planning through build event closure.
- Issue RFQ’s to selected supply base, and negotiate best timing/pricing/tooling strategy.
- Edit and process workflows for early build events.
- Issue SAP Purchase Orders for tools and components to suppliers for early/prototype Plymouth builds.
- Work and align closely with Engineering Prototype Coordinator, Program Manager, Engineering, Program Purchasing, Commodity Purchasing, Shipping, to develop a strategy for each build event.
- Work with Engineering to receive drawing, CAD data, PCB data, gerber data, stencil data, to be used in RFQ issuance.
- Closely follow supplier tooling and lead times to support build events and program milestones.
- Become the expert in prototype supplier capabilities and report out to Purchasing staff.
- Follow engineering changes and revision levels of components and tools.
- Assist Prototype Coordinator with tracking critical deliveries to support build events.
- Coach and mentor supply base, and handle 8D or quality issues.
- Manage Engineering Changes - Part order cancelling, new part ordering, tracking
- Support Program Buyers with SAP input, RFQ follow up, and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- One (1) – three (3) years job related experience.
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Knowledge of contract law, project management.
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in foreign language is a plus
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HCCU/PL/4502/02.19.2016.
For people with vision: hella.com/career