HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
YOUR TASKS //
Your tasks are challenging and multifaceted:
In this position, you will be responsible for the product quality planning and product launch process. The Project Manager effectively assures that customers requirements are met relative to product cost, quality and timely delivery of parts.The Project Manager will be a core team member for all design and development activities. Attention to detail and the ability to meet internal and external timing is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible / accountable for project in its entirety including project cost, timing, and quality related items necessary to ensure both customer satisfaction and Hella project objectives are met.
- Anticipate potential problems, plan appropriate resolutions and take early corrective action before problems happen; authority to engage entire organization to address issues and restore program integrity should such occur.
- Develop and lead cross-functional project team to assure the completion of all activities within the project launch.
- Schedule and conduct team meetings and mandatory project reviews; maintains meeting minutes.
- Closely monitor project activities for conformity to project scope, adherence to customer specifications and other regulations.
- Develop, propose and sell the project’s overall budget to Executive Management.
- Develop resource, timing and budget requirements for the project.
- Develop supplier timing dates to ensure timely delivery to manufacturer site.
- Communicate timing issues to responsible parties to maintain customer timing schedule.
- Complete source evaluations for prototypes
- Represent project team to the customer and Hella Executive Management.
- Presents status of project for each Gate Exit during Validation Committee and Gate Review Committee / Program Management Committee reviews.
Your profile is as diversified as your upcoming tasks:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Four (4) or more years experience in project engineering in the automotive lighting industry with 2-3 years in leading a project for an OEM.
- B.S degree in technical field required along with formal APQP training; Master degree in Business or technical field preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong PC aptitude including familiarity with Microsoft Project
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with various technical levels of individuals and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality Systems and QS 9000 certification requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with team members in Mexico, Germany and abroad.
- Ability to travel internationally; normal travel < 10%, unless during critical stage of project which will require significantly more travel to Guadalajara area of Mexico.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HCCU/PL/6603/02.03.2016.
For people with vision: hella.com/career