HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange with approx. 34,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 6.35 billion Euros in fiscal year 2015/2016, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
In the Business Division Electronics, you will be responsible for improving the quality and delivery of purchased production parts, reducing the cost, developing and/or producing a supply base that meets the organizations needs. Securing the quality of the purchase parts applying APQP methods along the Product Development Process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide immediate on-site support at critical suppliers that are struggling to meet Hella’s delivery and quality requirements, impacting near term production and delivery to Hella customers
- Assess any weakness in a supplier’s ability to effectively develop a recovery plan that resolves near term delivery or quality issues, and define necessary actions for recovery
- Create, manage, and report the supplier’s recovery plan status according to established timing plan and escalate when task are at risk
- Lead supplier and/or tool shop audits, as requested by APQP engineers or Hella plant personnel
- Monitoring the maturity degree of purchase parts forward (continually)
- Escalating critical issues and reporting the status of purchase parts in the project assigned.
- Provide suppliers with the information they need to meet HEC requirements for quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide HEC with measures of supplier performance.
- Provide information for and aid in sourcing decisions (Feasiblity Studies).
- Design, implement and administer processes to appropriately involve suppliers and HEC personnel in mutually beneficial ways.
- Improve HEC’s culture, systems and processes to aid in the development and utilization of suppliers.
- Evaluate and assess suppliers and give appropriate feedback to HEC for sourcing decisions.
- Strong knowledge of PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, GR&R, Capability Studies
- Run and Rate experience
- Five (5) to seven (7) years manufacturing experience. Manufacturing and business system design. Business system audits and evaluation.
- Travel up to 50% including domestic and international , including possible last minute travel
- Strong team and communication skills
- Bachelor degree in quality or related technical field
- Trained as Sxi Sigma Green or Black belt
- Experience with APQP and PPAP
- Quality and business audit experience
- Supplier management and/or purchasing experience.
- Organizational development. Product and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Skills in Microsoft programs like Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Vizio, Project
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/PL/6304/02.03.2016.
For people with vision: hella.com/career