HELLA Corporate Center USA Inc.
Ms. Karen Whitehead
1101 Vincennes Ave
62839 Flora, Illinois
HELLA is a global, independent, family-owned company with approx. 32,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 5.8 billion Euros in fiscal year 2014/2015, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
PRODUCT LAUNCH MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Location Flora, USA
In the Business Division Electronics you are responsible for the launch of new products and continuing to support the product once it is transferred to production (3 months after SOP), ensure processes that run trouble free to build a quality product in the required amount of time by meeting all QCT targets agreed upon during the process development phase.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide manufacturing input to new and existing products (design for manufacturability), following escalation process.
- Creates equipment specifications for new products to meet the requirements of cost and quality.
- Coordinates the acquisition of the new equipment in coordination with purchasing, following corporate guidelines.
- Coordinates, secures and control the manufacturing budget allocated for the projects.
- Coordinates the new product introduction in the manufacturing plant with all the departments.
- Coordinates the manufacturing side of changes to the product / processes before and after SOP.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Manufacturing and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in electronic manufacturing industry.
- One (1) to three (3) years Project Lead experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of automatic and flexible assembly lines.
- Working knowledge of PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
We offer excellent health benefits, a generous retirement plan, wellness events, and a professional development program including tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/FL/6303/081215.
For people with vision: hella.com/career