HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Ms. Leonora Vanwasshnova
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.
HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange with approx. 34,000 employees at 100 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 6.35 billion Euros in fiscal year 2015/2016, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Location Plymouth, MI, USA
In this position, you will assist HEC engineers in the design and development of electronic component systems using Catia V5, NX7.5 and NX8 (Unigraphics) computer graphics. Ensure that the fit and function of the systems and components comply with customers specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop electro-mechanical products to meet internal and customer specifications and requirements.
- Coordinate product development with customers, suppliers, and all Hella departments (i.e. lab, project management, quality, etc.)
- Lead design reviews for product releases
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with customers, suppliers and other Hella department
- Modify existing components using Catia V5 / NX7.5 computer graphics
- Create proposals for new systems and components.
- Check Catia V5 / NX models for compliance to customer standards.
- Provide engineers with 3D models, 2D drawings, tolerance stacks, studies and proposals including tolerance stack ups.
- Provide Static FEM studies to engineers using Catia V5.
- Maintain organization and integrity of data files via Catia V5 data management (PDM).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of automotive component design experience; minimum (5) years on Catia V5; (5) years NX.
- Design Certification or Associate degree in CAD with classes in Design, Descriptive Geometry, Drafting, Math, and Computer Graphics.
- Knowledge of automotive electronics packaging and component design.
- Knowledge of Teamcenter (GM, Ford, Nissan, etc.).
- Static FEM analysis (dynamic FEA an asset).
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards per ASME Y14.5M-1994.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number HEC/PLY/20001564/10-02-2015.
For people with vision: hella.com/career