Location Flora, IL, USA
Pacesetting. Passionate. Together. Since 1899, HELLA, one of the leading automotive suppliers worldwide, has shaped the industry with innovative lighting systems and vehicle electronics. In addition, the company is one of the most important partners of the aftermarket and independent workshops. What motivates us: Shaping the mobility of tomorrow and fostering the central market trends such as autonomous driving, efficiency and electrification, connectivity and digitization as well as individualization. Every day, 39,000 employees worldwide are committed to this with passion, know-how and innovative strength.
Accomplishing the advanced quality planning in a project for purchase parts (TtM) for the global world. Ensuring the quality of difficult purchased parts applying Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methods along the Product Development Process.
Driving the maturity degree of purchased parts forward, escalating critical issues and reporting the status of purchased parts in the project with the target that all needed purchased parts have a released status according project milestones.
Responsible for Risk Assessment, Review of Feasibility Study and Handover of parts from SQA-TtM to QPPOtD
A Quality assurance
1. Monitoring the activities of suppliers in the Product Development Process with the help of APQP
methodology; Accomplishing the APQP activities together with the supplier. Evaluation of above
mentioned activities relative to completeness, content and compliance with deadlines; In case of
deviations the SQA-TtM is responsible to initiate and monitor measures; Reporting the status of the
2. Coordinating the collaboration for APQP-relevant issues in the project team and at the suppliers
3. Involvement and use of the Hella SQA- and Specialist Network to support the supplier in the project (e.g.
critical parts, critical processes) in case of critical deviations
4. Escalation to management level in case of relevant quality risks which cannot be resolved by the supplier or by the project team
5. Agreement and definition of reference samples with the suppliers in consultation with internal customers
6. Evaluating and releasing the initial sample inspection report (ISIR, EMPB, PSW) from the supplier
7. Preparing of the incoming inspection plan
8. Conducting the necessary audits, process acceptances and Full Run Tests
9. Coordinating all quality-relevant activities e.g. Risk Assessment to prepare the sourcing. Checking whether the manufacturing feasibility study is available and whether supplier locations and processes are released
10. Updating the “project status list purchased parts” and the APQP Status Report. Representing the project status for purchased parts at the project reviews, at customer visits and audits
11. Filing and maintaining the records and documents in PDM and other systems
12. Estimating costs, booking the APQP expenditure to the development projects
Carrying out other tasks related to this position
(including examining as well as complying with industrial safety and environmental protection measures pertaining to the
scope of duties)
Job Profile / Requirements
University degree required.
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing reference number 90089965.
For people with vision: hella.com/career