Location Plymouth, MI, USA
Pacesetting. Passionate. Together. Since 1899, HELLA, one of the top 40 automotive suppliers worldwide, has shaped the industry with innovative lighting systems and vehicle electronics. In addition, the company is one of the most important partners of the aftermarket and independent workshops. What motivates us: Shaping the mobility of tomorrow and fostering the central market trends such as autonomous driving, efficiency and electrification, connectivity and digitization as well as individualization. Every day, more than 40,000 employees worldwide are committed to this with passion, know-how and innovative strength.
A Program Purchaser is taking various responsibilities for the purchased parts within a certain Hella Product line throughout the project lifetime.
In order to be able to purchase materials for products with a high complexity and project volume, which meet or overachieve purchasing targets in the dimensions of "Cost", "Time" and "Quality", the Program Purchaser is integrating approved suppliers into the simultaneous engineering processes and pre-series production.
Beginning with the series production of a product the Program Purchaser is coordinating product driven tasks within the organization.
Furthermore the Program Purchaser has the responsibly to track projects on a global scale and therewith also to coordinate a team of local Program Purchasers, in order to generate synergies between locations and achieve purchasing targets globally.
Ensuring that the Program Purchasing Targets in the dimensions of "Cost", "Time" and "Quality". Being achieved or overachieved.
2. Knowing the Hella-values, standards, processes, methods and tools in the field of Program Purchasing and being able to apply them accordingly.
3. Minimizing the total costs (Total Cost of Ownership) by an early integration of the Program Purchasing in the product engineering process (PEP). Optimizing development timeline by an early integration of approved suppliers in the simultaneous engineering process.
4. Preparing and negotiating project specific supplier agreements, such as LOIs, Nomination Letters, capacity agreements and tool annex. Involving within project-related supplier contract negotiations.
5. Challenging the technical solutions for purchased parts in terms of cost efficiency and challenge Program Purchasers as well as project teams in order to ensure and over achieve target costs. Taking responsibility for the identification and achievement of cost potentials resulting from Design-to-Cost (DtC) and Re-Design-to-Cost (ReDtC) activities. For that, an understanding of the product engineering process and the material manufacturing process is mandatory.
6. Executing and global status tracking of pre-series processes for a specific product line, which contains purchasing input for customer quotation, definition of sourcing strategy, request and analysis of quotation, negotiation and nomination of supplier and transfer responsibility to a segment purchaser.
7. Involving and global status tracking of series processes for a specific product line, which contains coordinate purchasing activities within demand increases from customers, product relocations and material cost optimization (ReDtC).
8. Implementation of purchasing and material group strategies. Providing relevant information to material group management and program purchasing management in order to derive appropriate strategies.
1. Dealing with existing conflicts and preventing conflicts from coming up in a way that the project's targets are being achieved in an efficient manner; enabling the Program Purchasers as team members to focus on their core tasks.
2. Managing intercultural relationships and trustful relationships by creating and adding value from international project team setups through utilizing the cultural diversity in the project.
Managing escalations by enforcing the application of valid escalation concepts throughout the project lifetime.
Presenting purchasing related project status considering a continuous preparation and interpretation of internal and external information; monitoring, reporting and forecasting the current status of the main targets in the dimensions of "Cost", "Time" and "Quality".
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing reference number 90049449.
For people with vision: hella.com/career
HELLA Corporate Center USA, Inc.
Mr. Dwayne Harris
43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd. Plymouth Twp.